Seventh-Annual List Reveals Leading MSPs
In Healthcare, Legal, Government, Financial Services & More
Alpharetta, GA, May, 2022: Medicus IT ranks among the world’s Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs for 2022, coming in at #14 according to ChannelE2E, a CyberRisk Alliance resource. The company also ranked #5 in the ChannelE2E Top 5 MSPs for Healthcare Technology.
The annual list identifies and honors the top 100 managed services providers (MSPs) in healthcare, legal, government, financial services, manufacturing, and additional vertical markets. The research affirms that vertical market MSPs have vastly expanded their managed security capabilities.
This year’s research revealed several key MSP business, security, and market trends. Key takeaways include:
- Surging MSP Revenues: Honorees generated a combined $3.05 billion in vertical market annual recurring revenue (ARR) in 2021, up 42% from $2.14 billion million in 2020. The surge involved extremely strong MSP merger and acquisition (M&A) activity; accelerated demand for cloud & cybersecurity services; and successful MSP pivots amid the continued COVID-19 pandemic.
- Key Verticals: The most successful vertical market MSPs are zeroing in on healthcare and manufacturing, with continued strong interest in financial services, legal and government opportunities.
- Managed Security Services: All of the honorees offer some form of managed security services – particularly backup and disaster recovery (96%), endpoint detection & response (EDR, 88%) and managed detection and response (MDR), 82%). Moreover, the MSPs increasingly focus on emerging areas such as Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM, 49%) and eXtended Detection and Response (XDR, 38%).
- End-Customer Reach: The Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs now manage more than 6.1 million users across their customer sites as of 2021, up from 3.1 million in 2020.
- Top 10 Strategic Technology Partners: MSPs consider their top vertical market technology partners to be Microsoft (46%), ConnectWise (18%), Datto (18%), Cisco Systems (15%), Dell Technologies (14%), Ingram Micro (13%), Amazon Web Services (10%), SentinelOne (10%), Fortinet (9%) & Tech Data (7%).
"Medicus IT is proud to make the ChannelE2E lists this year," Chris Jann, Founder & Chief Executive Officer of Medicus IT stated in response to the recognition. "Our passion is to improve the healthcare industry for both physicians and patients, by turning burdensome tech into proactive solutions."
“ChannelE2E and CyberRisk Alliance congratulate Medicus IT on this honor,” said Amy Katz, executive VP and general manager of ChannelE2E, a CyberRisk Alliance resource. “Businesses worldwide increasingly outsource their most critical security, business automation and IT management requirements to the world’s Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs.”
The ChannelE2E Top 100 Vertical Market MSPs list and research are overseen by Joe Panettieri (@JoePanettieri), executive VP and editorial director of ChannelE2E. Find the online list and associated report here: http://www.channelE2E.com/top100
About Medicus IT
At Medicus IT, we are committed to helping healthcare organizations leverage technology to optimize patient care. We help our partners run their operations, grow their processes, and transform their practices by providing solutions beyond your traditional IT.
As one of the nation’s top healthcare IT providers, our teams serve more than 5,000 providers, with 34,000 users in over 1,200 locations. With a unique focus exclusively on healthcare, our transformation specialists have a clear understanding of industry drivers to help mitigate risk and prepare your organization to scale.
Together, we drive healthcare forward. For more information, visit MedicusIT.com.
ChannelE2E (www.ChannelE2E.com), a CyberRisk Alliance resource, is the leading digital destination for MSPs, IT service providers, channel partners, and strategic investors seeking to maximize their business valuations, mitigate business risk, and maximize security -- from Entrepreneur to Exit.
About Cyber Risk Alliance
CyberRisk Alliance (CRA) is a business intelligence company serving the high growth, rapidly evolving cybersecurity community with a diversified portfolio of services that inform, educate, build community, and inspire an efficient marketplace. Our trusted information leverages a unique network of journalists, analysts and influencers, policymakers, and practitioners. CRA’s brands include SC Media, Security Weekly, InfoSec World, Cybersecurity Collaboration Forum, our research unit CRA Business Intelligence, the peer-to-peer CISO membership network, Cybersecurity Collaborative, and now Identiverse, ChannelE2E, and MSSP Alert.