Alpharetta, GA, 12/15/2022 – Medicus IT, a leading healthcare managed service provider, announced its next-generation managed services offering today. Medicus has been providing managed services for over twenty-five years that include IT helpdesk support, advanced engineering, infrastructure monitoring, remediation, management services, and strategic Chief Information Officer (CIO) advisory services.
After hundreds of interviews with clients and industry experts, Medicus determined that the base managed service offering provided by the IT industry no longer addresses the ever-evolving needs of the healthcare industry. This extensive research effort resulted in today's launch of mCare - Medicus IT’s new transformational managed IT support offering.
The basic premise of mCare is that healthcare organizations need a managed service solution designed explicitly for the healthcare industry, and managed service providers must have deep experience and expertise in healthcare information technology to address today's needs.
"Why would a healthcare organization work with an IT generalist?" asked Tim Hebert, Medicus' Chief Revenue Officer. "It's like going to your primary care physician when experiencing a cardiac condition. When facing complex health challenges, you want the best specialist available. And managing your IT is no different."
Some of the basic features mCare managed services are:
- Simplified pricing model based on user counts with an understanding of unique staffing conditions within healthcare
- Improved volume discount structure based on growth and scalability
- Increased based-level security protections that are proactive and strategic, including dark web monitoring, web filtering, self-service password reset, and password vaulting
- Included proactive security awareness training to meet compliance and cyber-insurance requirements
- mCare's flexible and agile framework allows customization to meet the ever-evolving requirement of the healthcare industry. Clients can easily add and remove advanced entitlements as needed. Whether they need advanced security, additional compliance support, out-of-box provisioning and imaging services, advanced multi-factored authentication, office 365 backup, omnichannel communication systems support, extended EMR support, on-demand engineering services, and much more, mCare will deliver. When coupled with virtual strategic IT leadership (vCIO) services, mCare provides a comprehensive healthcare IT solution.
"We believe our mCare offering simplifies the process for our clients while adding essential solutions that most managed service solutions don't or cannot offer. We bring a customized solution to address our clients' complicated healthcare environments," said Hebert. "Our clients are embracing our unique healthcare-driven service offering. They are looking to do more than simply run IT a little better; they are looking to us to empower their growth and transformation professionally and organizationally. We are excited to bring our new offer to market!"
About Medicus IT
Medicus IT is committed to helping healthcare organizations leverage technology to optimize patient care and deliver better patient outcomes. Moving beyond traditional IT, Medicus helps its healthcare clients run their IT infrastructure, grow their operations, and transform their organizations. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with service centers in New Jersey, Ohio, Florida, Arizona, and California, Medicus is one of the nation’s top healthcare IT providers serving more than 6,000+ providers, with over 40,000+ users in over 2000+ locations.
Together, we drive healthcare forward™.